View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
cminor

I started just a few years ago. On the dining room table with 1 mat and a rotery cutter. I got my first machine shortly after from Walmart and it snowballed from there. I now have an entire room - and although small I love it! I just got the Accuquilt Go Cutter so I know I have come a long way in just a few years. I remember looking at some of the first magazines I got and just dreaming of something that would actually cut my fabric accurately!

Take your time - get what you need and use your Joanns coupons! The fun about being new is you want/need so many different things - there is always something you want that is not on sale! Often that is the trouble - the coupon is for a regular priced item and we have all that stuff already!

What a fun thread. It brings us all back to the fun and excitement of the beggining. I got so much help and insperation on this board. I also got as many used magazines as I could get my hands on. I got a ton of that stuff from the used bookstore at $0.50 each.

Like others mentioned - don't worry - before long you will have so much you won't know what to do with it!!

But more importantly - HAVE FUN!