View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Vicky K

Originally Posted by grammy17 View Post
Each table is 30" x 48". He bought a 1" x 12" x 48" board at home depot. It is mounted under the side aprons of the table with wood screws. The dimensions were perfect for my application. He put the sewing machine on the table where I wanted it an drew a line around it. He cut the hole by drilling a hole in the corner and using a jig saw. He allowed an extra 2 " on the right side or the machine for reaching the cord and other things. My Horizon came with an acrylic table for use when quilting. I had an old foam kitchen mat and we cut that and put it on the shelf under the machine. Brought the machine up to a perfect height and quiets some of the vibrations and noise. The acrylic table sits on the table top and rests on the machine mounts. He doesn't know it yet BUT we forgot to allow for me to access the free arm so we have to cut out a couple more inches.

I had thought about a counter top but wanted more depth. Let me know how yours works out.
Marbeth
Hi Marbeth
What a great set up. I have the Horizon and once our basement is finished I will be trying to do the same as your tables. Thanks for showing.
What did you mean about accessing the free arm?
And thank you for the idea about putting the cut-out back.