View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:30 PM
quiltjoey

Dear Quilting Board Members: Thanks for all the wonderful, kind comments! I pieced the top and that's what took so long because I didn't know what I was doing. It was long arm quilted by [h=1]Kathys Kreations (Kathy Kean)[/h]
North Charleston, SC. The pattern is from the book, Better by the Dozen by Susan Teegarden Dissmore and it's named, "Stars, Crosses, and Crowns", It was block of the month from People, Places, and Quilts, our LQS in Summerville, SC. Not knowing anything about quilting, I just picked the pattern from several that were offered. I had no idea what I was getting into and it almost made me quit quilting before I really got started!! But I like to finish things even if it takes a long time to complete the task and I had my DH and friends that encouraged me along the way. Learning to use a rotary cutter has been a challenge and I'm still not very good at it. I am working on a "charity" quilt from 5" sq. that were donated my quilting guile. The squares are from men's shirting material and not very pretty. It will be about 50 x 60 when finished and I am in the process of trying to just do straight stitching, random squares and boxes. I think a male patron of a nursing home will like it... Again, thanks for all the encouraging words. I have learned the "new quilting board" now and still love it and it is nice to see familiar names, signatures, and avatars again!!! Merry Christmas!