View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 09:52 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by Granny 7 View Post
I have been quilting for about 10-15 years but not daily. Even put it away for years when the grkids came along. I have always pinned my quilt sandwich in the floor, but I am no longer able to do this due to various health problems. But I want to qet some tops finished. Does anyone have any suggestions so I won't kill myself to sandwich it??
please check out the Flynn Frame...it has 3 rails so that you don't have to baste it. It is used on a sewing machine most frequently now, but it was originally developed for a hand quilter. The two things I like most about it are the 'No-Basting,' the adjustability of size (you just purchase new pipes for the new length and put the same fittings on them), and the fact that you can stand it right behind a door to store as it is only about 3 inches thick. I put mine over the arms of my rocking chair and move it back and forth as needed, putting a tv table under one end to support it as i work on the opposite end...the middle areas all balance on the arms. check out the site...and see how it goes together....the last 3 minutes of his video are where they talk about the hand quilting....
http://flynnquilt.com/
ps...they are for sale other locations...ebay for 129 and allbrands.com for 99 (without rails)