View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:35 AM
Wholeheart Mom

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
You can use the English PPing for any block... Print out the line diagram and color it with crayons to make sure you're sewing the pieces correctly...I'm going to use EPP for several of the blocks that have alot of the inset/y seams. It will take more time to do because of cutting out the many template pieces. You cannot use the line diagram. it prints out close to 1/8 of an inch too small and every time I adjust my printer to a bigger size it defaults to 100 % and even if it came out correct ...cutting out the pieces...some will be bigger and some will be smaller....I'm fussy when it comes to correct sizes. I'm going to start making some templates for the blocks that don't have the foundation papers. I save the cards from magazines that are attached inside and some that actually fall out... measure the templates after printing them out to the chart given for rotary cutting to see if they are the correct size...This first block is going to be fun!!!
Thanks!
I also save the magazine insert cards, and I am going to start making templates as well. If you don't mind, can I ask another question? How do you color your line diagram? Do you outline the lines in a specific color and match the template, or do you color in the whole template?