Thread: Never again!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Quilt-Till-U-Wilt

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
How big is this quilt? I cannot imagine ripping out the quilting on an entire quilt, no matter how small. I've never hired a LAQ to finish a quilt. Do they come back to you untrimmed? In other words, the entire back piece is still intact, right?
The back is intact but I started trimming the edges from the front before I noticed instead of a 4 inch border on each end of the back, there was only 1 inch on one end and 7 on the other. (yes you have to trim the excess off the edges)
She's going to have to remove all the stitching. take the 1 inch border off, add a wider border back on, and re-stitch. I'll still need to trim the excess when it comes back and add binding. She said I should have told her and I said you could see it should be centered. The front has a border all around and the back was made the same. It's a lap size and I payed $100 to have it quilted. This is the 2nd bad job I got from 2 different people. The other one had rows of waves and the one row wasn't spaced like the others and it ruined the whole quilt. For the expense I've about had it.