View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 AM
donnaree59

Default Sites to learn hand applique

I recently made a baby quilt by machine applique... My little old Brother machine has about had all the zigzag it wants to do. It had started knotting up thread etc., causing me HEADACHES before I finished. So now, I have another idea in mind that requires some applique, but not the whole quilt. I thought I'd try hand applique or that kind where you have the stitches showing on the outside of the design (can't remember what it is called..duh...call it a menopause moment!). Can anyone give me an idea where to look? I know there are so many ways to do this, just thought I'd like to hear thoughts from people who actually applique. I am wanting to put a single flower on a probably a 6" square and then a heart on the next one... I really think the kind with the stitches showing is what I'm wanting. Not a lot of stitching, but I don't want it to fall off when washed! Thanks for any help.

P.S. I searched on here for "how to applique" and got pages of things to sift through. If you have a favorite post that would help, would sure appreciate it!