Old 12-07-2011, 10:40 AM
leatheflea

Default Disgusted with kona fabric! Never never again!

Earlier in the year I made to Lonestar quilts. One was gifted and the other I put away to be quilted later. My step daughter saw the unquilted top and wanted it. So I quilted it and put it back for her christmas gift. When I washed it last week all the Kona darks had bled. After reading thread here about bleeding in the last few months I opted to use a different product to take of this problem because it was cheaper. MISTAKE! All of the Konas faded to a totally different color, not a different shade but a different color! I hate konas and will never buy them again. This is the second time I've had problems with this brand bleeding really bad. All the other fabrics were fine and maintained their true bright colors. UGGGGGG! Now I can't give this hideous looking thing to anyone! So Beware if you buy Kona. I even pre washed these fabrics. Pretty bad when wal mart fabric hold up better than name brand expensive stuff. I'm sick, just sick. Thanks for letting me vent, rant, and scream......I think I'll go pout some more, maybe take it out the driveway and run over it a few times.