View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 AM
NJ Quilter

Frankly, I really like my Rowenta. This might initially sound like a bad review but it's not. I'm getting ready to buy my 3rd Rowenta. But this is in a 20 year period. I've never had an issue with leakage, etc. First one just got dropped too many times. Current one, the section of the cord under the 'protective' rubberized piece coming from the iron body is apparently breaking. I have to wiggle this area in order for the iron to stay working currently. I have the same issue on a EuroPro iron that I have as well (which I also like, BTW). So the issue seems to be me - not the irons. My personal belief on the leakage issue with Rowenta's has to do with water type/content. Some Rowenta's specify tap water; some distilled. They also need to be cleaned periodically. Now, I've never followed the directions with respect to cleaning frequency but I do with respect to water type. When I start getting flakes when using steam is when I clean them. The only time I've had leakage issues is when I've overfilled the iron.

I like the EuroPro as well but not so much more than the Rowenta that I would buy it again for the $$ involved. I'm just looking now for the best $$ on the highest wattage Rowenta I can find. I use my irons for not only quilting, but I'm one of those crazy people that iron clothes. When I was working I ironed my outfit each morning so my irons get a work out.

Good luck!