View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Michellesews

Default My Christmas Scrap Jacket

Year after year I see my Christmas fabrics, not enough to really do anything with but too nice to get rid of. This year when the last quilt went home, I decided to see what I could play with. I got the sweatshirt that was a size too big that DH bought me last year, cut it into pieces....took band at waist off, neck band off, sleeve bands off, cut down front in middle and then also sides and shoulders, which left me with two fronts, a back and two sleeves. I took some polar fleece and added 3 inches to each sleeve by butting it against the cut edge and zigzagging. Now for the fun....I got out my blessed Accugo and began cutting pieces and putting them on the sleeves doing a sew and flip method...I would sew a row and triangles, then flip and sew the row to the sleeve bottom, etc....this went on for several days. I did some quilting once the pieces were on the sweatshirt in the big areas with matching thread, just on the sewingmachine with the wave stitch. I used poneytail holders for the button loops and covered the buttons. I wore it yesterday and it is definitely WARM.....
Michelle
Attached Thumbnails 2011_0101christmasjacket0007.jpg   2011_0101christmasjacket0008.jpg   2011_0101christmasjacket0009.jpg   2011_0101christmasjacket0010.jpg