Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I changed the needle in my 319W the other night, and until I got it seated right, it hit the bobbin area. I was using the correct needle, it just wasn't in right. It seems like the needle screw had to be low on the needle bar; it has a little up and down variance, but when I put it at the bottom, it did good. Miriam was having trouble with a needle bar issue. She has a lot of 319 info. Good luck!!

P.S. Also, the 206x13 needle is different from a regular 15x1 needle in that the eye is right at the end. The size is in engraved on the needle shank on the round side, so you know which one it is. And the serial number is on the bottom of the machine, when you flip it back out of the case/cabinet, on the left "foot." The needle screw has a little triangle piece that holds the needle in place. Candace and Miriam have been discussing it and Candace was supposed to send Miriam pics. Maybe one of them could post them here.
I have so not arrived yet on the 319. I haven't had a lot of time lately. Candace did send some pics. I'm missing a little screw thing that goes on the end of my needle clamp. I did get the thing to go together in about 2 seconds once I saw how she did it. I'm kind of hoping Candace will post it on the 319 thing we have going where I worked on mine a while back. I found some disks for it and I have a pretty good kit. DH says if I get it sewing he will rewire for me. I'm hoping work will ease up next week. I'm also hoping that screw is for looks.... wink.