View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
auntpiggylpn

I went to Cancun with BFF about 4 years ago and got roped into taking a tour of a time share property. It was huge and just not something I would be interested in. The time share people had picked us up at our hotel, about a 30 minute drive to the time share resort and we received a buffet brunch (no charge to us). We took the tour which lasted about an hour. We told the tour guide that we weren't interested, she kept pressuring us and we kept saying no. She then had us go into an office with another representative (male). He kept pressuring us but we stood our ground. Finally, I told him that I was unemployed (not a lie at that time). He became angry and we were actually a bit scared. He slammed our folder down on his desk and told us we could leave. They refused to take us back to hour hotel (as they were supposed to do). We wound up having to take a cab at the cost of $60. I tell everyone to beware of these situations. I was scared until we got off their property. Good luck to your friend, hope everything turns out well for him.