View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 PM
lotus63000

Default long arm quilters tool tray

In Aug 2011 another quilter asked about a tool tray for her machine, I followed 2 different links, one looked like a screen for my basment window and the other was a white plastic artist tray from BLICK with notches cut in the bottom, 1st was $80 and the second was $50, probably either would have worked fine but I like to keep my tools looking nice and neat as well. Last week I found a tray on ebay for $75 it is made of the same birch material as my quilting frame all sanded and coated with a clear paint of some kind, and it holds a CRAFTSMAN tool caddy that the maker recomends, the tool tray is built for a tin lizzie or a queen quilter and sits between the upper rollers and is about 10 1/2W x 16 1/2L x 4 12 H it is assembled like my expensive kitchen drawer machined and glued and screwed . This same company on ebay makes a set of pads that attach to the control bars on my queen quilter that allow you to move the speed regulator from one side of the machine to the other depending if you are sewing free hand from the bobbin side of the frame or following the pantogram or stencil with the stylus or laser from the motor side of the machine. I had looked into dual controls for my machine because it is too much to unscrew the control bars and move them every tine you want to do another style of quilting, on 1 quilt I may follow a pantogram for the border but free hand inside, so I bought a second set of bars and I have a metal pad with velcro on each set of bars and velcro on the back of the speed regulator and I just stick it to either side when I need it. My camera died and I am hoping santa will bring me a new one (HE BETTER!) so I will paste the pictures from the ebay ad.
Attached Thumbnails quilting-mc-tray.jpg   quilting-mc-handle.jpg