Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Lisanne

Originally Posted by chickadee_42us
You have to be kidding me, - no cotton combing equipment left in the US. Typical, absolutely typical. :evil:
Yeah, that's just horrible.

Re the North America thing, yes, that includes Mexico, too, and there'd be substantial savings using Mexican labor. Mexico or Canada, it's all the same to me: it's not us, US.

[Side rant:
Beef now says "Product of Canada, USA or Mexico" in very tiny print. That really enrages me. Canada has had incidents of mad cow disease. Mexico has been in the news more times than I can count for bacterial contamination with their produce. I'd like to know exactly where my meat is coming from without having to pay premium prices to ensure it's USA beef. With all the cows across this land, we surely don't need to be importing beef.
All brands of frozen broccoli are now stamped "Product of Mexico," too. I have to wonder if they've been from Mexico all along and we're only now seeing the info because of new laws. Honestly, can't we grow our own broccoli?
I actually bought something I didn't need just because it had a Made in USA label on it. Can't remember what.]