Old 12-09-2011, 05:44 AM
QuilterChick

There are plenty of great discount brand name fabric stores online that give great service. JoAnn;s and Hobby Lobby, Hancocks etc. are disappointing in the past few years; adding lesser quality fabrics. Most of us are not quilt snobs on here, we just want good value for our hard earned money. Just as I won't knit with yarn that is of poor quality I won't spend the time and effort to buy cheesy fabrics. You have to train your hands and eyes to tell the difference, it's not difficult to compare and learn the various fabric brands that are reliable. I try not to pay full price for anything; use coupons, watch the sales, shop online sales, free shipping etc. Don't we do this with most everything we buy in this economy? It has always cracked me up when some gals I know sew on a $9,000 machine, and buy $2.00/yd. fabric, and thread from the dollar bin.

I also like to support my local quilt shop whenever possible, a sale, classes, notions etc. If we don't, pretty soon they won't be around at all. If you belong to a quilt guild, usually the local fabric shops give you a nice discount. It is very sad that many are closing.

Last edited by QuilterChick; 12-09-2011 at 05:47 AM.