Old 12-09-2011, 06:17 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Testing the FM quilting with the Davis NVF. Nancy once mentioned that this could be done. I have only straight stitched with the Davis, but today I gave the FM a try (no feed dogs on this machine). I slowly followed the lines of a pattern on a separate fabric (I'm not gifted in drawing). I turned this into a potholder. I used another fabric for the top that I just quilted curvy lines on it. The silver fabric is the ironing board fabric that I picked up at JoAnn's.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]294162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]294165[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]294167[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]294168[/ATTACH]
Oh Monica, that quilting is beautiful! What do you mean, you "slowly followed the lines of a pattern on a separate fabric?" You just looked at the pattern and made it? Or you actually drew the lines to follow with something like a light box? You did an absolutely gorgeous job - how ever you did it! Yes, you can FM with the Davis! I have mostly used my Davis for binding - did a little FM - but, I prefer the 15-88 treadle for FM! Candace, I saw that you tried to FM with your 319, but didn't have much success? I think that 319w is a great sewing, piecing machine, but get yourself a Davis VF or even better a Singer Model 15 for FM!

Nancy