View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:08 AM
soccertxi

Originally Posted by KathyAire View Post
Test drive all of them again at the Houston show. I had an old, old Gammill Classic and sold it and just got an A-1. In fact, it's not even set up yet. Was delivered Wednesday, but because of the quilt show, dealer can't be here to set it up until after the show. I drove all of them at all the quilt shows I've been to. I always went back to the A-1.

You have to make your own decision. See what feels best for you.
I agree with Kathy. Try them ALL out if you have time. You never know which one will be the best fit till you try it!. I had a table top frame with a Juki to start, quickly upgraded to an HQ16 on the same frame, and eventually got a used Gammill. There IS a learning curve, so don't be surprised! I know I did a round about way of getting a long arm, but I learned ALOT with each upgrade. It worked well for me, but I would not suggest it for everyone! If you have a friend that has a machine, ask if you can try it out. When you DO get a system, ask if there is a users group online. My Gammill group is WONDERFUL. they solved a minor IRRITATING problem that my dealer waved off as being my fault. It was NOT me, it was a minor adjustment on the frame. Other users have many of the same issues you will face. They are invaluable! (Angels in disguise! lolol)