Thread: Less Postings
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 10:57 AM
TanyaL

Not only are there fewer postings, but when someone puts up a picture of an ugly quilt (or at least, an average looking quilt) all the posts are variations of 'Oh, how pretty. Of course the people will love it that pink and purple quilt in their red and orange bedroom!' My point being, we don't seem to offer any constructive advice, and get offended if somone suggests that perhaps a quilt might be received with less than open unrestricted, unbridled appreciation - never mind how many threads we have had about relatives and friends who never said 'thank you' and who gave our quilt to the dog to sleep on, or the son to use under his car when he changed oil. Sometimes I think everyone left but the Pollyannas among us. It gets boring at times. Are we so fragile that we can't receive some constructive advice? When a quilt we pictured gets a ho hum reception, can't we be honest enough to report that and ask for advice? NO ONE puts up a picture and says ' This quilt which I thought they would like, has never been out of the closet, and I made it for their sofa. What do you think is wrong? Here's a picture of their living room.' Wouldn't that be interesting and refreshing and honest.