View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:29 PM
grann of 6

Thanks everyone, for the kind words. My family has been blessed with many material things. I have never purchased gifts except when my kids and grandkids were little and in the toy stage. They have all received at least one quilt from me. I decided this year that there wasn't anything I could give them that they didn't already have. And what better way to say what Christmas is all about than to give a gift from the heart. I have been blessed with a gift (my ability to quilt) and feel it is my duty to use that gift in the best way I can. So what better way than to give to the unfortunate victims of whatever suffering has been brought upon them. I also feel that this is a good lesson for my grandchildren to learn...that gifts are supposed to come from the heart, not the pocketbook, or mall. They will each get a card with a picture of the quilt I donated in his/her name and the name and goal of the charity. After all, the 3 Wisemen didn't run to the mall when they saw the star in the sky; they gave what they had.