Old 12-09-2011, 02:26 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
I had someone email me about making a quilt. First thing I asked was "what do you have in mind?" She didn't know what she wanted. "just a regular quilt for a twin-sized bed. Quilts are too expensive". I said, "you'd need at least $80 worth of fabrics plus the batting is around $15 and up. Just depends on what you want. I don't charge much for my work but that gives you an idea on why they are so expensive."

Here's the funny part: no reply at all. Not a "wow, thank you anyway", or a "Oh I don't mind paying you a decent rate for your time and talent" or anything. Does *no reply* count as a funny remark?!
well, yes, but 'funny-strange,' not 'funny-haha.' Email has brought us closer to no manners at all...after all, you don't have to be considerate to someone you will never meet, never see and who may be a half a world away. The good thing is, that when some is polite, via email...I am so delighted and never let it go unnoticed. At least, as quilters, we all understand the value of our time, our creativity, and our hard work, and therefore, others,' as well.