Old 12-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
Today I am glad that I passed on getting the Brother machine earlier this week. This one re-listed today at a lowered price & I'm going to look at it tonight. A much nicer machine & cabinet. Oh and the guy with the other one relisted too. Dropped price from $80 to $60. Still too much.
http://fresno.craigslist.org/fuo/2743528417.html
Be sure to check the stitch out capability of the decorative stitches. The cams on these break inside. If he lets you, unscrew the top and take a look. I just found out that the camstack in my Morse is all busted. Though I've been sewing with it for a year and the decorative stitches are fine. That's why I hadn't noticed. I'm sure I purchased it like that, but being a newbie collector I never checked the camstack. It seems sometimes the cam stack breaks in such a way that the stitching is fine...and other times nope! In any case if the camstack is visibly broken, you may be able to negotiate a better price:>

Also, the feed dogs do NOT drop on my Morse. I don't know if this is a big issue to you as you were saying that's what you were shopping for. There's a normal setting and a silk/nylon setting(a bit lower but not dropped). This machine looks to be the same in that regards. I FMQ with mine the other day and it did a very nice job of it.