Old 12-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
Thanks Candace - I will check both items out. Though I have my Singer 403 with all of it's decorative stitches. Thanks to Cathy at TOGA I now have the complete set of cams. Re: FMQ - so does it still FMQ ok even though the feed dogs on yours don't drop all the way down? I googled the machine & seemed that all of the comments I found re: FMQ with this model were positive. So just wondering.
Yes, it's fine that they don't drop all the way, it still makes a nice FMQ machine. I don't put anything on the feed dogs. I can also FMQ on my 185 and the feed dogs don't drop. It's a different "feeling", but you get used to it. The Morse is not my best FMQ machine, but definitely useable as such. That's good you have the 403, but if you're going to only have a straight stitch only machine, you should know about this beforehand and pay for this accordingly. Of course the cams may be perfect, but it's good to know all the info. beforehand. The camstack in mine has a good 1/16" space and crack in it, yet it doesn't show at all in the decorative stitching....