View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Val in IN

I agree with you Holice. I don't have the money to be a "fabric snob". I truly love going to my LQS to purchase fabric when I have a little extra money, but I love to sew even more. I have bought fabric from LQS's, Walmart, fabric chain stores, thrift shops, and yard sales. I always have my Grandmother in mind. She was VERY poor. Her quilts were made from old clothing that she cut up and used templates to make her blocks on an old treadle machine. She was 96 when she died over 20 yrs ago. Her quilts are still being used and loved by her family. I don't make quilts for showing or judging. I make quilts because I love the people I give them to, and I want them to be used. I'd hate to think that a quilt of mine would be unappreciated because it wasn't made of expensive designer fabric. Nowdays, especially, I think most of us are struggling more just to get by. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing. Maybe we need to adjust our sights on things that are really important. I, for one, will continue to make my quilts with what I have and can afford.