Old 12-09-2011, 05:37 PM
LindaM49

Not so much quilting since I am so new at it...but sewing bags/purses/clothing. People who sew know that fabric is not cheap anymore...remembering back when we made our kids clothes and our own because it was cheaper. But people who don't sew will usually say to me...I know I could save money if I just knew how to sew stuff like you do. Uhhhhhhh........the quilted purse that cost me what...over $60. just for the fabric. Cheap????

Not sewing/quilting related but my other in home business...pouring scented candles/soaps/body products. When doing craft shows you "strain" to hear what people are whispering and you hear stuff like...oh you can buy candles cheap at the $ store or Walmart etc. Uhhhhhh........mine are handpoured and tested for quality and safety. My wicks are straight and in the MIDDLE of the candles...not off to the side or over almost against the edge of the glass container. They are scented the whole way through...not just a layer of scented wax poured over the top. No Made in China labels on MY stuff. You have to have thick skin to sell your products...but you do have to laugh though at a lot of stuff you hear people say.