View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:05 PM
margecam52

My husband said that every year (we have been married 43 years now)...but always ended up charging a gift for me...then complained every time the bill came due. When we moved here 5 years ago...we agreed no more charging anything.
I made him a quilt last year...made it to both of us.

Wrap the quilt, and make it to the both of you. Put it under the tree and leave it at that. As a stocking stuffer...make up a coupon book...put in it things you can do for him over the coming year, that you don't usually do, but you know he does not enjoy doing...do one time for him...also, if he likes to play golf...and you don't...promise to go with him one time to see what it's about. I just like walking along, nice exercise. You could go as his caddy...stuff like that.

Originally Posted by ABCQuilt View Post
I have made my husband a quilt for Christmas. Yesterday he informed me that we can't afford Christmas gifts for each other this year. I didn't tell him I have made something for him so I'm not sure what to do. In years past I have given him anniversary or valentines day gifts and he has forgotten to get me something and he feels so bad! So should I give the quilt to him or should I use it as a gift next year? What would you do?