View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 07:17 AM
jad1044

I was at a chain fabric store just this past week - fabric in the same area, made by the same maker - only different colors, was different in it's texture, thickness, and vibrance of color - this happened to be Kona cotton - and it was all good enough to use - but deffinitely not the quality that we are used to buying. I took a gamble for teh quilt I"m making that it will turn out good - it seems sturdy and it was the color closest to what I needed, so went with it - the price was higher too than I had been paying - but I think it goes with everything today - no matter what we buy anymore has a weaker quality - a higher price and leaves us wishing for the yesterdays when things were better. Maybe given time, if we have enough of it - things might get back to normal - but these are hard times for everyone - not just the consumer - but if you think of it the place we buy our goods from are consumers as well; they need to purchase raw goods to make the products too - those goods are not as good anymore either. When it comes to our fabric - the weather patterns we have to put up with has created a problem in raising cotton - without bumper crops, our prices for our fabric has to rise too - so it's a domino effect from the seed to the finished product.