Old 12-10-2011, 07:20 AM
lonestardreams

I am a beginner and have not yet shared any of my quilts. As soon as I put the binding on it, we will send my first shared quilt to my husband's only granddaughter. I didn't quilt it but picked the pattern, fabric, cut and stitched the top and the label. I also chose the backing and the binding. We paid to have it quilted since I don't know how to do that yet. I hope to get a good response but if not, I'm hoping it doesn't bother my husband.

I've been sewing since I was a little girl. It's interesting that when someone finds out that you sew, they will say things like- "I should get you to ________." Fill in the blank with things like patch my clothes, sew my buttons, repair the zipper in my favorite pants, hem my pants, etc. I do have a thing for people telling me they should get me to do something instead of asking if I can or will. I just politely say something like "I don't do that kind of work for the public". They just don't understand what's involved. Some of them don't even own a needle and thread and have never been in a fabric store.

I love making things so just move on after the comments. I love learning what I'm learning and renewing my love of stitching. I use the term "Hand Crafted" and not Home Made or Hand Made. People seemed to like that when we had a store.