Old 12-10-2011, 07:45 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I have been buying fabric from JoAnn's and Wal-Mart for years, and it's like any other store or even quilt shop. You need to check the fabric out, as I have seen very thin fabric at Wal-Mart and JoAnn's. A friend of mine used to be the manager of the fabric dept. in a local Wal-Mart. She told me that Wal-Mart buys the very same fabric as JoAnn's and the quilt shops, but because they buy in such large quantities they can get the fabric at a better price. Wal-Mart has brand named fabrics, like VIP, can't remember the other names right now since my local Wal-Mart has not carried fabric for quite some time, but just check out the fabric before you buy it. I have gotten some great fabric for $1 or $2 a yard and up, so I feel I get the most for my money. A Hobby Lobby just opened up near me, but I have not had a chance to go there and check it out, but my girlfriend said it is good fabric, just at a better price. With no local quilt shop to support and limited funds, I go where I can get the most value for my money, and the quilts I have made have lasted.