View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 AM
nursie76

Originally Posted by ABCQuilt View Post
Thank you for all of your opinions! Given it to both of us is not an option. It is a theme that he enjoys and I have nothing to do with. I spoke with him and told him that I have made him something for Christmas and I don't want anything in return. He is not being lazy about shopping, we truly can't afford it this year. I am finishing my Associates degree in education and I had to quit my job to focus more on school. Thank you again for your support and opinion. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!!
So glad you were able to be straight forward with him and let him know that you have already made something for him. I understand money being tight and also understand his wish to limit the spending. I am sure he knows that he already has the best gift...your love. Now a reminder of that love comes wrapped up in a quilt. Perhaps, as suggested earlier, you wouldn't want to give it to him in front of family, but in some special alone time might be nice.

Oh, would love to see a pic of the quilt.

Merry Christmas! And congrats on almost being done with your associates degree. Well done!