Old 12-10-2011, 10:04 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by crewsemj View Post
Will try posting this another way in hopes someone can help me. This is my first treadle machine & I know not what I'm doing. Have been trying to find one like it on the internet but have had no luck. All I can get is mostly singer machines. I mostly would like to know where and what kind of needles and bobbins to try to find for it. The only needle & bobbin I have is what came with it. Found a bag of parts yesterday with a shuttle and some bobbins and other stuff in it (price was right) but they are to short. Can someone take me under their wing and help me out please?
That one looks a LOT like the one I just picked up. The price was right. I'll be doing mine up when weather turns warm in the spring. Maybe we can tag together on our machines. I think it won't take long - the machine turns well and has a good protective coat of dried on oil everywhere. The cabinet on mine is another story. Mine was supposed to begin with D - well it is called Vindex Special - fuzzy phone communications. I had trouble finding the address - I thought she said P**** but it was t T**** street. It was suppose to have real ornate decals - I guess that would be all according to what you think is ornate. The price was right. I love how smooth mine turns and how smooth the treadle turns. I can see the shuttle in there. I think Sew-classic has bobbins - I've seen the bobbins other places as well. The slide plates are still there too.