View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Esqmommy

Okay everyone,update on the two additional quilts she made. I don't have photos yet, but will try this morning to get some. Suffice it to say,they are done, and she's going to St. Louis for a week with my sis-in-law, and it's not a MOMENT too soon for this mommy. These quilts involved ripping, TEARS, YELLING, MORE TEARS, taking a cool shower, getting lots of food, several trips to the store (thread mostly), and one tired mom. I spent my entire day off yesterday working on them to get them done for her trip. When she was being moody at me for something (it's always something right now), I told her that, and she had the nerve to say back "Not your entire day mom, I saw you on your computer". Grrrr....I told her we will NOT be quilting together until she was 12, and had learned to be more patient and tolerant. I went out to get my xmas fabrics last night during a sale (that was also "my time") and she was picking out projects for herself. I made her put them back and said, if it's not a class, I'm not letting you do it right now!!! Arghhh...kids can be challenging. I had such romantic sweet thoughts about us quiting together. Instead, she managed to make me hate doing something I love over this past week. I need a break from her right now, so this trip will be refreshing...