View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Bobbielinks

I'm back with very good news about attaching the binding with my longarm. It went GREAT! Took 30 minutes for me to measure for the binding, cut and press it; then 20 minutes to sew it onto the quilt sandwich. I started in the center at the takeup bar, stitched to the top right corner, down the right side and back along the bottom edge to about 8 inches from the center bottom. Then rolled back to the top, starting at the center stitching left to left edge and down left side, across bottom to about 14-15 inches from right side stitched binding and tied off. Of course, I stopped at each corner to miter the corners (best miters that I have ever stitched on a quilt). Like Soccertxi I finished it on my domestic machine.

I did not think to use the channel lock like Xtgirt; and I don't have a ruler that fits over the hopping foot like Juststart; I just used a straight edge longarm ruler about 6 inches long. Using the 6 inch ruler gave me the opportunity to stop and adjust the binding as I stitched since I did not pin it down'

Like Soccertxi, Xtgirt and Juststart, I would highly recommend attaching the binding with your quilting machine. Very fast, easy and looks great.