Old 12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
Need some help deciding something...I'm picking up a wooden straight-legged treadle this week and I want to drop a 201 head in it. I have two, a 201K (cast iron) from 1956 in absolutely perfect cosmetic and running condition on which I have already performed a motorectomy and put on a hand wheel from a sacrificed 15k. I also have a April 1932 head from Elizabethport which is in excellent running condition but not as pretty as the newer one and has the original correct handwheel.
Now this will sound stupid, but I can't decide which one to put in...the replacement handwheel on the newer 201 is not in great condition and it bugs me to look at it. The older one is the oldest 201 I've ever come across so I am partial to that one just for its age. Maybe I should put the motor back on the 1956 and put it into a nice art deco desk? Would it be silly to have an electric and a treadle 201? Help me decide!
I would keep both machines. You can always use the electric when you feel the need for more speed. The machine the runs the smoothest would be the best one to treadle.
Sharon W