View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

There has never been any doubt about who I look like. I am my father's daughter. I am a carbon copy of my dad. I had a bus driver who used to call me little Leo instead of by my name. My mom agrees there isn't much of anything about me that is from her. I do have artistic ability but both grandmothers were quilters so even tho I didn't learn from them I did inherit that from them. My mom has learned to do cross stitching but that is the extent of her sewing creativity. She is a wonderful decorator and has a great eye for antiques which I have learned from her but it isn't anything I inherited so much. I am nearly 100% my dad's child. I think like him and make the same sort of mistakes like him. I have his personality mostly. tho there is a bit of mom in there as I shrink in a crowd and my dad loved crowds while mom didn't.

I have probably been told 3 or 4 times in my 56 years that I look like my mom and it is usually someone who doesn't know my dad just knows mom. She is petite and never gains weight while I have always been heavy.

I always said if I had a nickle for every time someone said I looked like my dad I would be rich. Now my daughter hears it as everyone says she looks like me but I don't see it. She does to some extent but not as much as people make out.

Last edited by Rhonda; 12-11-2011 at 12:07 AM.