Old 12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
My daddy said the same thing when I started quilting. Turns out he slept under a mountain of quilts as a boy in a house with no heat and still slept cold. I never made him a quilt. I did make him a sweater that he wore until it was ragged threads.
Few comments are made thoughtfully. I swear most people (and I'm guilty at times) think out loud without realizing how it sounds. We enjoy our craft, just as others enjoy whatever they do that we don't understand. I ride a motorcycle (to remote quilt shops!). My favorite comment is, "You rode that here?" To prevent myself from making a rude smart-elicky remark, (like, no, it followed me) I try to remember that they just want to talk and don't know what to say. And yes, there are the jealous and mean-spirited. They need our prayers and mercy. (but not our quilts!)
Very well stated Fay....thank-you for reminding me of prayers and mercy as I was reading through these posts of what some people have been subjected to by others who are less than kind regarding our efforts .... 'thinking out loud'..... How many, many times I personally wish I could eat my words.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 12-11-2011 at 12:13 AM.