View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Nathan's Mimi

I used to do this frequently also.Then I read (either here or on another site) about plugging inthe iron to an extention cord along with a small desk lamp;then plugging in the extention cord instead of the iron.When the iron is on so is the lamp.Whenever I was in a rush to leave the sewing room or got distracted and left; I would see the light on and go back in and unplug the extention cord.Works like a dream for me! Hope this can help all who do this as well.
Originally Posted by zkosh View Post
I have been sick for the last two weeks, no voice, bronchitis, cough, etc. Last weekend I sewed for a little while on a lap quilt that I am making for my daughter, hoping to have at least the top together for Christmas. Well, that was a week ago and tonight I came into my sewing room to use the computer and heard a little noise, the kind that the iron makes when you are using it! Yes, you got it, the iron has been on all that time. I am shocked and grateful that nothing happened during this week. It could have been a terrible disaster! I still can't believe that it has been on all this time.

Sooooooooooooooooo, be especially careful when you don't feel well or if you are in a rush. I needed to share this with all you who I know understand. I'm pretty sure I must have a quilting angel watching over me!