Old 12-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Candace have you ever tried to FM with a 15? I do FM with all my Pfaff's, but I haven't tried it with the 319w - I don't have a 301 to try! I have done FM with my Davis Vertical Feed, but the machine that I prefer to FM with is my 15-88 treadle! I love that machine for one; it is awesome to FM with because it has a prefect stitch and the feed dogs drop; two because I am treadling I get a really nice pattern and stitch length (I think because you don't have speed bursts like you can with an electric machine) - you go much slower and more steady when treadling. Anyway, I haven't tried most of the other machines, but I know my 15 clone's would be awesome to FM too because the feed dogs drop. But, again with the clones, I would be using an electric machine with the speed problem - sometimes I get heavy on the gas pedal!

Nancy
Nancy, a slow machine wouldn't do me any good. When I FMQ, people tell me I'm going to burn up my quilt. I'm full on a speed queen! I don't own a 15 but would love to add a 15-125 to my collection some time!