View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 PM
MrsBoats

Done. Or at least, done for the day. Everything turns freely (although I have some questions about the stitch length selector), everything that can be polished has been, and it's all back together.

Problem-I'm just not getting how to thread it. I've seen the pictures, read the directions, and nothing. I'm done dealing with it. I'll fuss with it again tomorrow when my brain isn't so fume-y. Also, I see by my original picture that I put the tension together wrong, so that's going to have to be fixed first.

I'm using the old needle until I can figure out what kind of needle it takes. Somewhere, something in the detachable part of the faceplate is hinky; when I turn the wheel, the needlebar rises almost to the top of its lift, then clunks on something and stops. When I take the faceplate off it doesn't do that, so clearly I put something together incorrectly. Again, I'll deal with it tomorrow.

After that though, I should be able to thread it and see if it will sew. All in all, I'm pleased with the day's results.