View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 04:19 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

time management is always an issue- for many of us---i work full time- start my day at 4:30am---
but i also do alot of hand work-always have a travel project which i can sit and work on during breaks at work- it is amazing how much you can get done in 15 minutes if you are organized. i get home from work about 3:30 pm- go through the mail---do what ever little things i feel i need to do-then go sew (or quilt) until time to fix dinner- fix dinner- eat- clean up kitchen- then sew until time for Jeopardy- sit with hubby and watch jeopardy- give the cat his treats- and go back to sewing/quilting until i'm tired-ready to go to bed-
i always have a binding to do- or other hand project going -so if there is something else on tv i would like to watch i sit and work on that while watching tv. weekends i have alot more time to spend and set aside some time-usually sunday afternoon doing what ever prep-work needs to be done so i have my project to take to work the next day-
my real---non-productive time is the hour or so i spend here on the board- or answering emails---i set a timer when i get on the computer for 45 minutes- when it goes off i wrap up what ever i am in the middle of-shut it down and go back to being productive again....and i design-trouble shoot--quilt in my sleep