Old 12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Default Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 6 - Odds and Ends

Today we are going to pick up a few odds and ends that I haven't covered yet.

Some of these features have more options in EQ6 and EQ7 but I want to stay with the simpler things first and then we will add more of the more complicated functions later on.
Besides I am still learning about my EQ7 so I need time to figure out some stuff first! *Grin*

If any one has questions about anything concerning your EQ don't hesitate to ask. It gives me an opportunity to explore things I haven't seen yet if I don't already know the answer to your question.

Someone asked how to find the place to set the sashing. So here is the answer to that question

Open a project
Choose a quilt to work on
Under the quilt click on layout

You will see the layout window open on the right of your screen

This has 3 sections.

The first one is Blocks. This is where you change the number of blocks you want to use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294927[/ATTACH]

The second one is Size. Change the numbers to reflect the size of blocks you are going to use. The numbers you see are inches. If you are going to use a 12" finished quilt block then put 12" in there. You don't need to add the seam allowance.

The third one is the Sashing. I always delete this as I like to use mine with out sashing. So if you want to add sashing this is where you do it. Change the number to the inches you are going to use in your sashes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294929[/ATTACH]

Under these three you will see a check box that says sash border
If you click on this you will see..... look at the next picture

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294931[/ATTACH]

You will see this! You'll have a sash border around the quilt.
And underneath the sash border checkbox you will see the size of your quilt.
This will tell you what size your quilt will be.
When you change the size of your blocks or your sashing keep the size of your quilt in view and you can keep track of how big your quilt will be depending on the changes you make in sizes.

In EQ7 and I think also EQ6 your quilt size is shown at the top of your layout window.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294933[/ATTACH]

So now you know how to use your layout options!

Now let's talk about exporting your quilt to a Word document or into a file on your PC.
If you want to send a pic of your creation to someone you will need to save it to a file.

Back to your quilt.
On the left you will see the camera icon( export snapshot). Click on this and you will see a magnifier symbol instead of the curser. Start above the top left corner and hold down the left side of your mouse. Keep it down and pull the box lines over the quilt. Anything inside those lines will be included in the picture you "shoot"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294948[/ATTACH]

After you have snapped your snapshot you will see this menu box

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294949[/ATTACH]

If you click on Bitmap then you will need to give it a name and save it as a file on your PC.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294950[/ATTACH]

If you click on Clipboard then you can save it and place it in a Word Document or whatever program you have for word processing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294951[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails layout-sections.jpg   blocks-sizing.jpg   sash-border-sizes.jpg   sash-border-sizes-half.jpg   untitled-yyyyyyyyyyy.jpg  

export-snapshot.jpg   bitmap.jpg   clipboard.jpg  

Last edited by Rhonda; 12-11-2011 at 11:23 PM.