View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Ps 150

Default It's Game Day In This House

I normally make a lot of my daughters' clothes since they're so tall and lean for their ages. This year, my normally 2 weeks of garment sewing turned into 6 weeks because of all the alterations I had to make. That means, I started their Christmas quilts late. Last week. Yep. I started cutting them out a week ago and because of the time crunch, I just went with a Warm Wishes pattern since I was also fussy cutting Littlest Pet Shop animals from the main fabric. Yesterday I sandwiched both of them, plus a small, crib-sized wall hanging for my youngest.

Since they're both sandwiched, I should have plenty of time, right? Here's the kickers:

Normally, it takes me a day or two to quilt a large quilt (these are both double-sized quilts) but I also normally do that on the weekends or in the summer, when I'm NOT homeschooling both of the girls. And, normally, they're my cheerleaders to keep me going and get them done quickly. But, they can't cheer me on when they're supposed to be surprises.

So, my goal is to hopefully get both of the large ones and the small one done by this weekend, while still teaching and without them finding out why I'm spending so much alone time in the sewing room, where they're normally welcome and even have their own machines. I've done all of my "Game Day" preparations: changed my needled, filled extra bobbins and made sure there was plenty of room behind and to the side of my machine. I'm hoping that if I get all three done this week, I can make a small, easily pieced wall hanging next week for my oldest. Here's to hoping!