View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by suezquilts View Post
I remember when I purchased my first old singer 1910, electric Red Eye, I was so excited. That was July this year, and one of you warned me, " be careful this is addicting." Well now 10 machines later....
I have been using a1/4" low shank foot I have picked up with the edge piece on to help keep in place.

Its OK, but when you are going over lumps of seams it doesn't always sew straight.

My sister has a FW and she was saying yesterday that her feeddogs weren't feeding very good, and the fabric wasn't moving as well. (Lucky dog! it is a White one with the green box, our mom got it at a rummage sale for $15, and when mom passed away she got the FW)

So is this a foot issue also? Let me know what you use for piecing.

THANK YOU!
Sue
It's probably not a foot issue, but rather a foot pressure issue. If your seams are veering you need to play with the foot pressure a bit. You may need more or less pressure, probably more. I use 1/4" feet on all my vintage machines with no problems. I agree your sister may just have junk in her feed dogs. And it may need some cleaning and or oiling.