Thread: Crochet?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Honeynga

Originally Posted by cminor View Post
I am considering taking up another hobby. Why you may ask? Corcheting can be done quietly without a machine - thus giving me an option when I want to also watch Tivo

Knowing so many have multiple hobbies I thought I would start here. I am hoping to land the jackpot website. Maybe a crochet version of this board. If only I were so lucky!!!

I also crochet and knit ! I taught myself years back and love it. There is an awesome website, Knitting Paradise that is great....lots of encouragement, help and inspiration. good luck with your new hobby. I like to take a break from quilting (as if I do a lot ????) and sometimes just sit and knit quietly and it is something that I don't fret over either. MY problem with quilting is that I'm so new at it and not confident at all plus it is expensive for me.

Any suggestions as to where/how to start. Keep in mind - I don't even have yarn. Its like wanting to quit and not having thread
Go for it ! Knitting and crocheting both are calming to me.......I sometimes enjoy just sitting quietly and knit.....I don't have to be at a machine and wonder if the noise is irritating my neighbors (but sometimes I think I would LIKE for it to irritate them!). The site that I've found is Knitting Paradise and it totally supports knitters and crocheters. I'm very new at quilting and not confident whatsoever plus it is a bit expensive for me.

I find knitting more calming. (is that a word?) mostly because I don't have to think too much....since I've been doing it for a while...I know that one day I'll have the same frame of mind in regard to my quilting. Some days quilting is more stressful than what I want to deal with. I've recently started hand quilting a top and find that is soothing whereas machine quilting freaks me out, hurts my neck, hurts my back and my frustation level is higher !

take a break and go for it !