View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 04:18 PM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Default Snowball baby quilt is finally done!

A while ago, I asked for your opinion on whether to snowball the blocks for the quilt http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t155721.html Thanks for everyone's thoughtful opinions.

I finished the piecing shortly thereafter, but had to wait for a part to my frame for the quilting. I fmq'd around each animal in the RW blocks. I put a bunny quilting in each plain block. I'm not an artist, but I drew the bunny on paper and used disappearing pen to draw it on the blocks. Then, I wanted to serpentine quilt in the sashings to make it look a little plaid-like. That drew in the fabric too much, so I shadow quilted around the snowballs. I like the way that turned out better. Since my DGD waiting over 2 years for her quilt, I made it bigger so she doesn't outgrow it right away... 60x40. Some of the blocks have spots on them, but my DD says she likes that to show that they are antiques.
Attached Thumbnails front-after-washing-1.jpg   quilting-around-frog-block-1.jpg   quilting-template-bunny-1.jpg   label-2.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-12-2011 at 04:21 PM.