Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
crewsemj

Got a chance to go to town today, so went into a little sewing machine shop there just to check and see if they might have needles for my new girl. Told him I thought I needed 20x1. Just about fell over when he went over to some little drawers and came back with some needles. I had taken the needle from the machine with me so we compared and sure enough. So bought a couple. Got word this morning that sew-classic had mailed my belt. So should be all set to go when it gets here. Worked with cotton balls an sewing oil and got it cleaned up. Can't even say it was dirty only used a small handful of cotton. I feed her some oil and everything spins sooo smooth and the peddle just seems to glide. What a difference the feel was and I thought it was good before the oil.
While hitting second hand stores the other day I found a bag that had a shuttle and a couple of bobbins in it. They won't work. Shuttle is to short & neither of the two bobbins are the right ones. Am thinking they belong to a Singer machine. So will need to keep hunting for bobbins!!