Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Just to answer a few questions that have come up since I was in Bethesda... There are now 93 of us!!!! Wow

and we will not be starting a new place to "chat" once we start, however, I am thinking of creating some additional threads that will go along with this main thread. The reason I started this was because the original DJ that started in 2010 had over 300 pages. I think it may make sense to have a separate thread for each row ... any comments?? I will also ask admin if there is any way we can limit one thread to just pictures - it is so ez to get carried away with comments - especially when we see something amazing and want to compliment our fellow quilters. But sometimes I think it would be so great if we could simply look at the variations without having to read through pages before getting to the next picture. I will see if there is a way I could extract picture postings out of a thread and post them all in one place???

The other question was when we start - in mid January. I have finalized the order of blocks for each week. What I will do now is add several "break/catch-up" weeks. I know this will make it take longer, but I feel that those who have the time and desire to continue will go ahead anyway. I would like to keep people from getting frustrated. There are people who have made DJs by completing 5 blocks per week - the last session did 4-5 each week and I think had a break every 7th week. I personally think 3 is more realistic - it's really not too much because the blocks are pretty small. I tried not to put hard ones together - and there are none initially. I also have a few easier ones at the end. The original schedule had triangles each week. I did not start with triangles, but do have a few weeks down the road with more than one in a week. I'm not sure there is a 'perfect' schedule that will work for one and all. I will put this one up by the weekend - once I have some "off time" put in.

This is getting very exciting!!!! [if I can only decide on which fabrics.....]
Monica [Gus]