Old 12-13-2011, 05:17 AM
pinkberrykay

Smile I wanted to share, my very first quilt as you go table runner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]295241[/ATTACH]
This is the Quilt as you go Table Runner, it is a gift for our Guild Gift Exchange. I got the pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company, and although she touted it as a quick and easy project it one day to make it.

First the batting I pulled from my stash was "way to think", I realized this after I have sewn all the fabric strips. So, I ripped 7 19 inch seems out and resewed the strips to thinner batting~okay now it looks good. Onto the binding, this went well, the binding strips turned out perfect. Now to sew on the binding, mind you I have the binding clips. Sewing, sewing, sewing~wow this is turning out great. Choose a star pattern stitch that looks like snow flakes. I get to my first corner and trouble starts, can't get the dang corner to fold right~out of the machine it comes and over to the ironing board. Got the corner together, sewing, sewing, sewing this is going good. Then I notice as I am checking the binding and stiches that the binding has pulled away from the runner. Out comes the seam ripper, ripping those start stitches is a pain in the bu**. Crisis averted, back to sewing, there is another area the binding is not snug up against the runner, back to the seam ripper I go. Sew some more then I notice another spot, and then another. I then realize I had not used the binding clips as closely as I should. Now I have clipped the binding to the runner very closely and off I go again~phew its all done. But wait, the binding is a smidge cricked here, and a smidge there. All in all it looks amazing~to me at least. I have only been sewing since the end of October '11. I have completed 3 small quilts and a few other small projects.

Lesson learned, Binding Clips are my BFF and I will use them when ever I am attaching binding. Not sure why the binding kept pulling away from the runner. I was using a walking foot.
Attached Thumbnails photo-8.jpg