Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 AM
romanojg

I'm really new at this; so new that I just made my first payment on my Viking Ruby. Just about all of my designs come from emblibrary.com (this is the one you are talking about right). I don't have a problem with any of the ones that I've done. I just made several sets of free standing lace ornaments and then I made a stained glass nativity scene on denium using rayon thread. I used the stabilizer they recommended (med weight cutaway) and it is really pretty. I think that I used the recommended size 14 needle. I'm still learning and haven't taken any classes yet but have found out a few things. One, I have to use the clips for the hoop to make sure the fabric and stabilizer stays tight. Two, if the stablizer is a little small for the hoop, it covers it but when you secure it there isn't enough sticking up to clip it down then I use blue masking tape along one side and then clip it down and it stays in place. When doing the free standing lace and my design messes up and tears my stabilizer I can take my 505 spray and put another piece of stabilizer on it and mend it; then I back up my stitches and keep on going. This step has saved me lots of redos and stabilizer. I'm doing bibs this weekend. I go to thier projects and see what projects use the same fabric as I do if they don't have the one that I'm doing and I follow thier instructions as to what items to use. It's worked out great so far.