Old 12-13-2011, 11:38 AM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
I haven't really had a problem but I have a pretty serious noncommercial machine...a babylock ellegante2..they are dense but they always stitch out nicely for me. I use tear away stabilizer that I buy from Joanns, a pretty light bobbin thread, but don't really do anything special. I use schmetz embroidery needles usually a 75. They are quite stiff, but I honestly never thought too much about it because they look so nice and other designs I've tried end up leaving gaps so you see the material through the design.
I have the Babylock Ellegante and have not had any problems with the designs. I make sure the jump stitches are set to trim during embroidery. I use the light weight tear away stabilizer sheets, and if there is any wording that will be on the design, I will iron on the stabilizer sheet, but also add another sheet (un-ironed)when hooping to make it sturdy. If I don't do this, the outline stitches do not match with the satin stitching. I do not use anything other than the light stabilizer as I have a hard time tearing the medium or heavy stabilizer. If doing a wall hanging or purse, I will use the heavier stabilizer. The better the stabilizer and the tighter the hooping, the better the design will turn out. I also run my machine at 600 stitches, no higher. Use only sharp Schmetz embroidery needles and good embroidery thread that is not exposed to dust. I also have the Designer's Studio and eliminate some of the dense stitches. They stitch out much better and are not 'stiff'. I do prefer Amazing Designs and have not had any problems with any of the stitching.