View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 02:23 PM
MoanaWahine

I guess I kind of fall into the older generation when it comes to reusing items. My mom tells me that she actually had a dryer when I was a baby and not when my brothers were. I do remember hanging cloths out to dry and playing outside all the time. My dad did turn in used beer bottles to get money back and we always rode our bikes to go to friends houses. Then I turn around and see how my kids are growing up and wish that the simple times where here for them to enjoy like I had. They do not sit in front of the TV as much and others and are limited to how much video games are played. I try to get them outside as much as possible but not a lot of others out there to play with now days. We do recycle a lot of items in the house and try very hard to reuse bags. I rarely get plastic bags anymore, carry my own. My kids know and enjoy the idea of hand me downs and can not wait to see what I can create from old clothes. So my kids may not live in the simple times like I had, but they are not growing up in a total "Green" age like others are. I hope they are learning that they do not have to go out and buy everything new and then get rid of it when they are done with it. And one key fact that life does not stop when there is no electricity!!!